Saturday, March 30, 2019

CHASEBOOK.COM.........BQ SAYS 'CLICK 'R TREAT' TO "SEARCHING"........

Searching (2018)     Not that ever occurred to me to ask for one........but at long last, here's a computer screen movie that's....holy clickbait......a real movie......

                Even better, a damned good one.

                I can't remember how many posts ago......but at some point I did an old fart's "get off my lawn!" rant about movies that depend on text messages to deliver their plot points.......

                ........for the simple reason THAT EVEN ON A BIG-ASS FLATSCREEN, MY EYES AREN'T UP TO READING YOUR GODDAMN LITTLE TEXT MESSAGES!

                 Ah, that felt good. Oh and kids, get off my lawn........

                 So it's a surprise to me as much as anybody that I love this sharp little thriller about a distraught dad (John Cho) delving into his missing teen daughter's social networks in a desperate attempt to find her......

                 Yes,as a confirmed low-techie,  it impressed the hell out of me when I watched Cho do all that lightning-fast computer crap that I normally have to beg Beloved Daughter to do for me........

                 And you could hear my LOL of recognition as I watched him break into his daughter's websites by asking for new passwords..........(only because I've had to do this to enter my my own sites cause I've lost or forgotten the passwords.....)

                 But I digress.......back to the movie, which functions like clockwork on multiple levels......

                 First, it works as a brilliantly wicked display of  the cyber-lives we lead on the internet........a warped fun-house of deception masquerading as truth........where an entire populace can become fantasists spinning out their own reality.......and give in to every dark impulse.

                 Secondly, apart from all the on-line razz-ma-tazz, it's a solid, good old-fashioned Hitchcockian thriller, dotted with suspenseful dread, false clues and a jaw-dropping twist to take your breath away.......

                  Quite a high-wire act going on here.......BQ says find this one quick and press 'Play' or click on it or do whatever you do on whatever device you view films on........pardon me, while I hit the 'star[ key 4 times (****) for "Searching"........

                    So proud........I didn't even have to call in Beloved Daughter to do that for me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment